Volunteer Q&A: Events
So you’d like to volunteer with the Sea Turtle Preservation Society? We’re here to help you get started. Over the next two weeks, we will feature information about each of our programs and the volunteer opportunities available. Please take a look and find what interests you, then either complete a volunteer application online at seaturtlespacecoast.org or attend our Volunteer Fair from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Feb. 22, 2020, in Room 109 next to our Turtle House at 111 S. Miramar Ave. in Indialantic, FL.
What type of program is this?
This program allows STPS volunteers to participate at local community events throughout Brevard County and share ways that everyone can help sea turtles survive and thrive.
What would I do as a volunteer?
As a volunteer, you can sign up to participate at events throughout the year. At these events, we let the public know about we do as an organization to help sea turtles in addition to sometimes having merchandise for sale to help raise funds for STPS.
What is the time commitment?
Most event time slots are between 3-5 hours; however, you can volunteer for longer shifts if you would like!
Are there any special requirements?
- Volunteer Orientation and Turtle Talk 101 are needed
- We do have an iPad that is used to keep track of purchases. All information is in our event volunteer guide.
- We are in need of volunteers that are able to transport supplies to and from the events, preferably in an SUV or truck as our canopy is about six-feet long.
Are there any costs associated?
- STPS name tag is highly recommended for event volunteers.
- A T-shirt with STPS on it is suggested.
- Access to emails is required as all information is relayed through emails for events, which can include maps of the events along with additional information.
Who would I contact for more information or with any questions?
Director of Events, Noelle, at firstname.lastname@example.org