The Sea Turtle Preservation Society is a not-for-profit, all volunteer organization focused on sea turtle conservation. We have volunteer opportunities for members and non-members alike.
ALL SEA TURTLE PRESERVATION SOCIETY VOLUNTEERS ARE REQUIRED TO COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING STEPS IN ORDER:
Step 1 – Complete ALL sections of the volunteer application online.
Step 2 – Complete a brief interview with the Volunteer Coordinator or designee.
If selected to volunteer with STPS, you will need to complete the additional steps as follows. Information will be provided to you from the Volunteer Coordinator.
Step 3 – Become a member.
Step 4 – Pay approximately $25 to cover the cost of a volunteer t-shirt and nametag.
Step 5 – Attend mandatory Volunteer Orientation. Volunteer Orientation is offered quarterly in February, May, August, and November.
Step 6 (if applicable) – Attend all mandatory trainings/meetings for volunteer areas you are interested in (some include annual requirements).
As an STPS volunteer, you will be required to:
- Agree to follow all STPS policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Keep your membership as active and in good standing.
- Wear your STPS volunteer t-shirt and nametag when representing STPS.
- Complete a probation period of 20 hours of volunteering before volunteering with certain programs.
- Record your volunteer hours in our volunteer system. Volunteers are required to stay active by recording hours each calendar year. Inactive volunteers who wish to volunteer with STPS at a later date will be required to go through the volunteer process again, including a new 20 hour probation period.
Please fill out a Volunteer Application. Please email our Volunteer Coordinator with any questions you have. Use this handy Volunteer Pamphlet, which outlines the steps to becoming a volunteer, to help you along in the process.