Welcome New STPS Members and Volunteers
If you recently joined STPS, you’ll find lots of helpful information below including how to find out what’s going on at STPS, become a volunteer, and log your volunteer service hours.
What’s Happening at STPS?
It’s easy to get the latest STPS news and information. Here’s how:
- On the STPS Website – Check out our Calendar of Events, Loggerhead Lowdown blog, and Turtle Talk newsletter.
- On Social Media – Keep up with STPS on Facebook two different ways. Check out the latest videos and announcements on our STPS Facebook page. You can also keep up with what’s happening at the STPS gift shop by liking STPS Turtle House Gift Shop on Facebook. You can also find us on Instagram and Twitter (now X) and visit our channel on YouTube at Sea Turtle Preservation Society-Brevard Cnty FL.
How Do I Sign Up to Become a Volunteer?
No matter what your abilities or schedule, STPS has many volunteer opportunities for you.
IMPORTANT NOTE – You must be an STPS member to volunteer. Use the following link to become a member: https://seaturtlespacecoast.org/membership/become-a-member.
Once you become a member or if you are already a member, follow these steps to sign up as a volunteer:
- Click on the link below and fill in the Volunteer Application: https://seaturtlespacecoast.org/volunteer-application.
- After you complete the application, click on the Submit button at the bottom. You will receive a confirmation email that your application has been submitted.
- Order your STPS volunteer t-shirt and name tag using the following link: https://forms.gle/KkMzmM5a5NY3giuF9.
After you fill out the volunteer application and order your t-shirt and name tag, you will receive an email invitation via SignUp Genius for the next volunteer orientation session including the date, time and location. Volunteer t-shirts and name tags will be handed out at orientation.
If you do not receive an application confirmation email or an invitation for volunteer orientation, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
How Do I Log My Volunteer Service Hours in VIC?
After you have attended volunteer orientation and the Volunteer Coordinator has activated your account in the Volunteer Information Center (VIC), you can view upcoming events on the schedule and sign up to volunteer for specific events. When you complete a volunteer assignment, be sure to log your service hours using these steps.
- At the top of the STPS website, click on the Volunteer pull-down menu then select Login to VIC. You can also use the following link: https://www.volgistics.com/vicnet/344686/login. The login page displays.
- Enter your email address and VIC password then click on the Log In button. The VIC home page displays.
- Select the Service tab. The Post Service page displays.
- Select the Date of Service, Time, and assignment type from the Assignment pull-down menu.
- Click on the Post button. The message Are you sure? Yes No will display.
- If you need to make any changes, click No, edit your entry, then click Post.
- If your entry is accurate, click Yes. Please do not forget this step or your service hours will not post. The confirmation message Service Posted will display.
- When you’re done in VIC, log out by clicking on the pull-down menu next to your name in the top-right corner, then select Log Out.